Tuesday, October 21, 2014

The Alchemist: A Finished Quilt

According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary, alchemy is a seemingly magical process of transformation, creation, or combination. I love this fabric line from Amy Butler. The dandelions are a Moda fabric. I wanted to keep this quilt basic and the pieces of fabric big, so I used this tutorial here from Stitched in Color. 



I didn't really plan where the different "bricks" would go, I just made sure that there weren't huge clusters of the same print in a section. I quilted straight lines in the white spaces.


I took this one for a bit of a photo shoot around the quarries by my house, which provided this lovely slate wall for me. ;) Unfortunately I didn't get a lot of good pictures because I got nervous and hopped on my bike when I heard other people. Stupid, but true.


Teddy likes to nap on this one, so I'm going to leave folded on my chair for awhile. He's so cute. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment