Thursday, August 13, 2015

Over the Moon

A random project sometimes captures my heart.
And lots of dark scraps sometimes remind me of the night sky.
For this pillow cover, I used the quilt as you go method for the background/sky pieces. and did random quilted navy blue lines all over. For the moon phases, I used some leftover AGF Winged by Bonnie Christine. It reminded me of the way the moon glows, and when you stare at it long enough you can see the craters and shadows and textures. I used raw edge applique, sometimes called a sketch stitch, with white thread (except for the new moon at the top, that was navy thread too).


This pillow cover is 16"x16". Someday when I open my etsy shop, it's going to be listed in there. Soon! I hope...
I adore this though so I might end up keeping it for myself ;)

Linking up to...

Needle and Thread Thursday
Scraptastic Tuesday

3 comments:

  1. Love that you are inspired by the night sky to make your cushion! Thanks for linking up to #scraptastictuesday

    ReplyDelete