Monday, February 24, 2014

Red and white



Today I braved the cold and wind for a quilt photo shoot. And brrrr was it cold. But every once in awhile the sun would peak through the clouds to remind me that it's always a lovely day. This quilt is about 60" square. I had this red and white floral fabric in my stash, and I had a lot of it. I think my mom's friend gave it to me. But that's not a problem anymore! Now I have just a few scraps left. I used the red for the backing and binding as well as the sashing and borders.


I quilted this on my Juki (my baby) with an all over stipple. I always forget how many bobbins I go through when free-motion quilting. But the effect is exactly what I wanted, so I'm very happy! This quilt is soft and warm and lovelovelove. Now it's ready to be given to my best friend. Good thing she likes red! :)


xoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment